Monday, March 7, 2011

First Things First

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." Proverbs 8:17 KJV

Many times when things seem mixed up and out of sorts, it may be that we have gotten our priorities wrong.  God calls out to us to seek Him early - or in other words, put Him first.  I encourage you to seek Him early:
  • in the morning, before you get up;
  • before you start a journey or travel anywhere;
  • before you start your work day or any task;
  • before you begin anything.
Do this first:
  • before you are distracted;
  • before obstacles get in the way;
  • before you are interrupted;
  • while you are still young and life still offers hope, energy and potential (Ecclesiastes 12:6-7).
Seek first the Kingdom of God.  If you do this, all else will fall into place, in proper order.  (Matthew 6:32-34).  Remember, Christ must be first in all, so He is assuredly at the end of all.

God bless you today as you seek Him.  You will find Him (Jeremiah 29:13).  He has promised to be found and He is faithful to keep all His promises (2 Corinthians 1:20-22; 1 Thessalonians 5:24).  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my Sunday School's Song.

    "J-O-Y, J-O-Y,
    Surely this must be
    J-esus first,Y-ourself Last,O-thers in between."

    And also reminds me that it is always important to remember the One who should come first and give priority.
    Good works!

    ReplyDelete